An office clerk loves entering contests in the hopes of someday winning a fortune and marrying the girl he loves. His latest attempt is the Maxford House Coffee Slogan Contest. As a joke, some of his co-workers put together a fake telegram which says that he won the $25,000 grand prize.
An office clerk loves entering contests in the hopes of someday winning a fortune and marrying the girl he loves. His latest attempt is the Maxford House Coffee Slogan Contest. As a joke, some of his co-workers put together a fake telegram which says that he won the $25,000 grand prize.
First 50 subtitle cues from Christmas.In.July.1940.1080p.BluRay.H264.AAC-RARBG.srt
50 cues
#1
进入一个宽敞通风的卧室,然后餐具柜转了一圈,变成了浴室。
Into a big, airy bedroom, and then the sideboard turns around and turns into the bathroom.
#2
这样你就可以边吃边洗澡了?当然不是,傻瓜。
So you can eat while you bathe? Of course not, silly.
#3
那它怎么会在浴室里?它在浴室里什么都没做。
Then what's it doing in the bathroom? It isn't doing anything in the bathroom.
#4
我说它变成了浴室。
I said it turns into a bathroom.
#5
有时它变成小厨房,有时变成壁炉。
Then another time it turns into a kitchenette, another time into a fireplace.
#6
我不认为你能点燃它,但它看起来非常可爱。
I don't think you can light it, but it looks awfully cute.
#7
什么变成了壁炉?角落里的这个东西。
What turns into a fireplace? This gag in the corner.
#8
它把一个房间变成了四个房间。
It turns around and makes one room into four rooms.
#9
这样,没有多少钱的年轻人就能以一居室的价格买到一套可爱的四居室公寓。
So that young people who haven't much money can have a lovely, four-room apartment for the price of a one-room apartment.
#10
如果只有一个房间,那就不是公寓。
Well, if it's one room it isn't an apartment.
#11
嗯,他们是这么叫的。和四个房间一模一样。
Well, that's what they call it. It's exactly the same as four rooms.
#12
是的,但是假设我…你只要把这东西转到角落里…如果我想在你去厨房的时候去壁炉呢?
Yeah, but suppose I... you just turn this thing in the corner... Suppose I wanted to go to the fireplace while you were in the kitchenette?
#13
你只是想让事情变得更困难。
You're just trying to make things difficult.
#14
对你来说,除了第五大道的一座宫殿,什么都不够好。
Nothing's good enough for you except a palace on fifth Avenue.
#15
女士们先生们,我给你们咖啡。
I give you coffee, ladies and gentlemen.
#16
完美的晚餐结束了…祝我好运。
The end of the perfect dinner... Knock wood for me.
#17
完美一天的开始。
The beginning of the perfect day.
#18
女士们先生们,我们期待已久的时刻到了。
And now, ladies and gentlemen, the moment we have all been waiting for.
#19
我们即将公布奖金五万美元的maxford house新口号比赛的结果一等奖25000美元,二等奖5000美元,三等奖2500美元,四等奖1500美元,
We are about to give you the result of the $50,000 maxford house new slogan contest with a first prize of $25,000, a second prize of $5,000, a third prize of $2,500, a fourth prize of $1,500,
#20
第五名奖金为1000美元,其他95名奖金总计15000美元。
a fifth prize of $1,000, and 95 other prizes totaling $15,000.
#21
有些人会在几分钟内神志不清。
Are some folks going to be delirious in a few minutes.
#22
女士们先生们,你们可以想象,所有的糖吸引了很多苍蝇。
As you may well imagine, ladies and gentlemen, all that sugar draws a lot of flies.
#23
评审团已经努力了一个星期,试图从2947582个答案中选出优胜者。
And the jury here has been struggling for a week to try to pick the winners from a little snowdrift of 2,947,582 answers.
#24
女士们先生们,在任何语言中都有很多答案,包括斯堪的纳维亚语。
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is a lot of answers in any language, including the Scandinavian.
#25
麦克斯福德博士,我们的创始人兼总裁,在我身边。
Dr. maxford, our founder and president, is at my side.
#26
我知道,只要过一会儿陪审团就会停止角力,把判决书交给马克斯福德医生,他就会亲自,用他那著名的声音,
And I know that it will only be a matter of a few moments until the jury ceases wrestling with itself, hands Dr. maxford the verdict, and he will himself, in that well-known voice of his,
#27
宣读获奖者名单。
read you the names of the winners.
#28
我们好像遇到了点小麻烦,
We seem to have run into a little contretemps,
#29
但我向你保证,这只是……怎么了?陪审团陷入了僵局。
but I assure you it will only be a matter of... What's the matter? The jury is deadlocked.
#30
僵局?十一比一。
Deadlocked? Eleven to one.
#31
11比1 ?
Eleven to one?
#32
就像我说的,陪审团很快就会理清自己的问题,我们将听到获奖者的名字向全世界广播。
As I say it will only be a matter of a few moments before the jury untangles itself, and we will hear the happy winners' hames broadcast throughout the world.
#33
我…
I...
#34
耐心点,女士们先生们。
Just a little Patience, ladies and gentlemen.
#35
你难道不明白这个比赛……关于僵局的废话是什么?判决结果如何?
Can't you get it through your conk that this contest... What's all this hogwash about a deadlock? Where's the verdict?
#36
你最好问问船主。是的,你也会得到答案的。
You'd better ask bildocker. Yeah, and you'll get an answer, too.
#37
如果你们这些鸟有公鸡的大脑……我讨厌这样,骗子。
If you birds had the brains of a rooster... I resent that, bildocker.
#38
你可能对运输部门有所了解,但当我们11个人意见一致时,我说你有一个很好的外壳……是吗?好吧,让我告诉你。
You may know something about the shipping department, but when the 11 of us are agreed, I say you've a fine crust... Yeah? Well, let me tell you something.
#39
下周10点,在我屈服之前……安静!
It'll be 10:00 next week and then some before I give in to... Quiet!
#40
一群肥头大耳、口若悬河的笨蛋,对未来一无所知……安静!
A bunch of fat headed, mealy-mouthed lamebrains that wouldn't know enough to come... Quiet!
#41
跳johosephat !
Jumping johosephat!
#42
你知道我们在直播吗?
Do you happen to realize that we're on the air?
#43
你有没有意识到整个美国都在等着你的判决,一亿两千万的人都悬在你的嘴边,你让西半球的人都心力衰竭了?
Do you happen to realize that the whole of America is waiting for your verdict, that 120 million people are suspended from your lips, that you're giving heart failure to the western hemisphere?
#44
话说回来,你知道怎么选口号吗?
What do you know about picking slogans, anyway?
#45
如果你踩到一个,你根本不知道什么是口号。
You wouldn't know a slogan if you slipped on one.
#46
如果你们有阿米巴变形虫的大脑…但我们都同意,麦克斯福德医生。
If you gentlemen had the combined brains of an amoeba... But we're all agreed, Dr. maxford.
#47
只有船主在坚持。
It's only bildocker who's holding out.
#48
哦,是的,是吗?
Oh, it is, is it?
#49
让我告诉你,比尔多克先生。
Well, let me tell you something, Mr. Bildocker.
#50
在过去的二十年里,你一直在烦我,我之前就想说的。
You've been getting into my hair for the past 20 years, and I meant to mention it before.